Sunday, April 11, 2010

When Do Hiv Test Results Come Back In The Army

[Wowhead] Become a real bookworm!

Sombrejour faithful disciples!

The spellbook now be a little margin that usually issued: this is a tutorial that will allow you to search efficiently where to find pieces of equipment. In fact, I had a lot of whisper, people of my kingdom as strangers, asking me for advice on where to find pieces of equipment.

So rather than give you a fish, I would rather teach you to fish!
You will therefore learn here for those not knowing already do, how to search Wowhead !


If you did not know, Wowhead is a rich database on WoW and that includes nearly every imaginable information about objects, NPCs, quests, spells, etc. ... In addition, dynamic and intuitive presentation makes this site definitely very useful for searching. Finally, it allows for tooltips on any site, like this: [jaw] . (Move your mouse to see the tooltip ^ ^)



Wowhead URLs Format:

First, it is useful to understand how the site addresses (URLs) are working. For the referenced data, they will have the following nomenclature: http://

language. Wowhead.com /? typedonnee = ID_donnee
with:
  • language: the language of the site will be. It will en to have it in French, if you wanted to have it in German for example. The base site is www.wowhead.com, so having language = www you will display in English. For data test realm, use ptr .

  • typedonnee: indicates that the data is displayed; item for an item, npc to an NPC, spell for a spell, etc. ..

  • ID_donnee: is the ID of the data. This ID corresponds to the game (since the game, each object is identified lots or other so-often-invisible by a number of its own). For example, [jaw] ID_donnee has the value 39758.
Thus, the URL the tooltip [The jaw] that you saw in the introduction to this puzzle, will be:

http://fr.wowhead.com/?item=39758

Indeed, it displays French (Fr.), it is an object (? item) ID 39758.
Being able to read what you see in your address bar may be very valuable. Especially if you know the name of a data (object, spell, anyone ...) in English, you will only find on the http://www.wowhead.com, then once it they found to replace the "www" with "en" to be Anglicized version. :-)


Tabs search:

In the bar on the homepage of the site, and when you surf in, you'll see a menu with tabs. Via this menu, you can choose the type of data to search. In our search for equipment to enhance our performance pickers slaps, we will focus on sub-menus Arms and Armor.


Typically, when looking for a specific item, you will make the first selection (coarse) via this function. So if you're looking to nab the new tank boots, you go to that tree.



is then that you can use filters to specify the search intelligently (see next section).
Generally, you only need these fields there:
  • Objects → Objects →
  • Weapons Armor Plates → (→ possibly the precise location)
  • Armor → Objects → Objects → Caps
  • Armor → Objects →
  • Amulets Armors → Rings
  • Armor → Objects → Objects → Jewelry
  • → Relic Armor Sets
  • objects → Death Knight
  • Faction → Cataclysm
The rest is of course easily accessible when you have mastered all the intricacies of this site, but I limit the proposals to the relevant fields to find phatstuff .


Filters:

Once it's finished, even if you selected something quite specific, you will have a staggering amount of responses, many of which are redundant (or totally useless). This is where the famous filters come into play, allowing you to refine your query accurately.

To begin, click on "Create a filter", if filtering options are not already displayed, then you get this window:



For weapons, it will be somewhat the same but with some variations:



Here are the fields that I recommends that you use:
  • Level: Warning, this field is the object level , not one required to carry it. Examples: objects of 85 normal instances are level 333 and 85 are those of Hero 346.

  • Usable by: Select value Deathknight will remove the list of items set for other classes. For example, if you search on Shoulders plates at 219, you will have, among other results, T8 paladin and warrior, but if you select this option, you get only the objects in plate (as anyone can wear) and those of DK, the sets of other veneering was removed from the search.

  • General pulldown menu: This menu is composed of very many options here that will serve you.

    • [...] score: This option, if properly used, when searching for pieces of armor allows select only objects of tanking, DPS and eliminate those and care.


      To select items from tanks, since it has more defense (which allowed it to make a single filter), we will use cunning. The idea is to remove the DPS items exclusively through filters with scores critical and haste 0.

    • Source: This category consists of many options that will determine the means of obtaining the equipment, if you want to limit the search to that type of specification. Loot, reputation, crafts, the choices There are many ...
      For example, I am freshly 85 and I wonder what things I could do crafting, so I will, after being in the "Armor Plates →" fill in the field Level by "320-340" and add in the menu "Source, Made by a trade"

    • You can earn limitations through this menu by clicking Add another filter

    I'm not going to list all the possibilities, but there a phenomenal number of criteria, so feel free to dig in if you have a specific need.

  • Location: The name is pretty self-explanatory I think. Especially useful (I think) when you search for types of armor.

  • type (for filters weapons): Select one or more types of weapons. To select multiple, hold down the Control key when you click on the desired type.


Sort results:

Once the list of desired items obtained, you have before you a table that looks a bit messy. Do not worry, it is dynamic and very intuitive, and clicking the field name you want, you can make a classification by criterion to which it corresponds.

The best, in general, is to click on "Level" to display the items by level increasing (or decreasing) and watch them, at least good (but often more accessible by a) not more efficient (but more costly or difficult to obtain )




Examples:

Examples of procedures applicable to find the object of your dreams. :-)
  • shoulder News:

    Today, I'm sick of my POV 'quest shoulder pads and I want something better. Hop! Wowhead direction, and I do like the frosted Tata Glounette taught me.

    first step, the right category. Not hard!
    On the home page, Object → Armor Plates → → Shoulders. Hop! Voila!

    second stage filter. It is (cheese) Corsican!
    I want better than my Epauliers Hunter Wyrm who are level 318, then in the "level", I put "320" (note that there's no object 320, but not annoying and I'm sure now that I display the items potentially better than what I have). I said I want an item that is only usable by DKs, because I do not want not see the sets of paladins and warriors. Finally, I add useful fields in the dropdown menu: "critical score = 0" and "Haste Score = 0" (for display only items tanking), "Resilience Rating = 0" (to transfer PvP items), and "Intelligence = 0" (for not having items palasoin). I can possibly say I want some rare in the "Quality".


    Finally, I can classify levels (croissants seems wiser) and look at what would be good for me.

    Tip helpful: to view the details for how to get the object, rather than a direct click on the link, I suggest you right click → Open in new tab "on all those interest you then go and watch them one by one, while keeping the search window at hand.

  • I Want a new narma!

    Bon bah same, still lags j'me [jaw] which is a nice weapon DK Tank, but I'm good Ulduar for 3 weeks with my guild, so I would appreciate better what (Note Cata-post: the example still functioning well, I left it alone since the modus operandi is important ^ ^)! J'fonce on Wowhead, and I'm making the same thing as before!

    Select the tab, still in ze finger Nause : Object → Weapons. Easyyyy! Let

    filters. Well, as I have a weapon level 213 and I want better, but I exceed Ulduar, I will limit myself to a filter 214 to 232 (232 corresponds to the armor of Ulduar and Coliseum 10-I think ^ ^ ). Then, as I tanking in both hands, I could select the fields for the weapons of this type that I can wear:



    But there are even simpler: choose "Location" criterion "Two hands "and limit (via" use by ") objects accessible to the Death Knight. Finally, to avoid the weapons too fast (and therefore with the beach a little weak, which would interfere with the rise of aggro), I give a minimum speed of 3.4.
    If I'm a real purist and want weapons "Strength / Stam" and no weapon with agility, I can add a filter to that effect. I advise against such bigotry, but I still offers this option if you care! :-) Finally, as I want to release the PvP items from my research, I'll add a filter selecting only the objects without resilience.


    And that's it, a nice list with a few clicks ! Then proceed as above to analyze the results and see what is right for you and accessible.


Comparing objects:

This option will allow you to make comparisons between objects that make you hesitate in showing you the different stats, shrines and other benefits. In addition, with this tool you can simulate the installation of gems, enchants & Company.

Continuing the example from my research of shoulder pads, I pulled out (by changing some criteria) shouldered some of the raid, but I hesitate between Guard Plate Shoulderpads Magma and Spalières Edward the Strange (two items ilvl tank even at random, just for example). I'll check the two items, and click "Compare"


I will then get a comparison of two objects showing the different stats, dishes highlighted (in green) the purpose of enjoying the most such or that stat shows the different sockets and provides a summary of relative gains.


Right clicking on the object, you can add gems or magic, to complete the comparison:


You also diverse possibility, as rotate the display by score or percentages, integrate Stat Weight (giving you a score per subject, taking into account the importance of a particular stat, depending on your class and special) knowing that you can put your values for the latter tool, look for sets to integers, etc. ...
A little help of this tool is available here . I advise you to check it out!


That, I think this little tutorial is comprehensive enough to enable you to fully take charge of this site is a real goldmine. Moreover, I strongly suggest you learn to use it to find NPCs, quests, quests, etc. ... You will see that in the descriptions of data, there's often related to what is relevant for that data (for example, an object obtained via quest, it tells you the quest and if you click it, you find her donor just as easily, and so on).

Other useful info: the community of English players is very active on the Wowhead comments. So if you want a confirmatin a news / rumor concerning a given, replace the "fr" of the URL with "www" to switch to English, then read the comments ("Comments").


If you have questions or comments, as usual, feel free to contact me via the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment